Sunday, October 31, 2004

A Spooky Story



Sometime during the 1960's a portal was opened. Actually, it could correspond to the arrival of the Beatles to America. But something happened in the fall of 1963. The longer I live and the more I ponder this, I am sure it is true. The molester lures the naive child with a lollypop. We were lured by "She loves you, yay, yay, yay". What happened after that was--yes, a very nasty portal was opened.
The Beatles' open endorsement of drugs and eastern religion--everyone was affected (assaulted) by it. I use the word "assault" because I that's how I experienced it. The philosophical and religious underpinnings of this country were under attack. They are still under attack.
The four mopheads never seemed very....masculine to me. Paul looked like he couldn't grow a beard and Lennon looked postively wimpy in those naked pictures with Ono. So this is the "soft" culture which seduced us. It seems very androgynous to me. But we're still suffering from it.
If I were braver I'd call it witchcraft. But I'm not that brave. Happy Halloween!!